TOURISM IS MONTANA'S FASTEST GROWING INDUSTRY
• Statewide, tourism generated more than $229 million in State and local tax revenue in 2006.
• In Montana the tourism industry generates more than 39,000 jobs and more than $765 million in personal income.
• The total economic impact of tourism on the State of Montana is $2.74 billion dollars annually.
• Statewide, 64% of nonresident visitors to Montana were attracted to the mountains.
• Nonresident spending in Missoula County was more than $316 million dollars in 2006.
• Montana Department of Commerce - Travel Montana
• Institute for Tourism and Recreation Research - University of Montana